- Quiénes somos
Don’t hesitate to contact us with your own specifications and drawings for a quick commercial offer, we can provide small to big quantities components
Glass Sapphire crystal or crystalline corundum, is unlike the gemstone which he get it name from, artificially produce. French chemist Auguste Verneuil is the creator of synthetic sapphire that he produced for the first time in 1902.
The sapphire is usually produced by crystallizing aluminum oxide powder (Al2O3) at high temperature and pressure. There is different development process sapphire crystals of which the most used are the ISM (polycrystalline), KY HEM and EFG CZ (Monocrystalline).
Key Benefits of Sapphire are:
– A very good transmission in the UV – NIR
– Incredibly, tougher What Other Optical glasses (Thermal shock, chemical, mechanical)
– Highly resistant to scratches and abrasion (9 on the Mohs hardness scale, just below the diamond)
– Very high melting temperature
However its high hardness makes it hard for machining, especially complex shapes.
Its transparency and its exceptional hardness make it a coveted glass pour the following applications:
– Watches: watch glass (ONLY scratched by diamond)
– Scanner Glass: Often prone to scratches
– Windows Phone: Apple use pay Fingerprint readers, the Cameras and SOME watches.
– Windows to Resist high temperatures or pressure: laser applications
maximum operating temperature1900°CPoisson’s ratio0,25 – 0,30
|Melting point||2030°C (3686 °F)|
|thermal conductivity||41,9 (W/m°K)|
|thermal expansion 20-1000°C||Parallèle à l’axe C: 9.03×10-6 °C
Perpendiculaire à l’axe C: 8.31×10-6 °C
60° à l’axe C: 8.4×10-6 °C
|Tensile Strength||400 MPa (8500 PSI)|
|Flexural Strength||1900 MPa (13500 PSI)|
|Specific Gravity||3,95 – 4,03|
|optical transmission||200 à 5500 nm|
AGC Shanghai Office
Office 16 D, Yujia Mansion
N°168 PingWu Road
Contact us directly with your request, we will answer to all the emails.
Call us in english to discuss your projects.
Europe : +33 1 75 43 81 08
Europe Fax : + 32 (0) 2706 4785
Asia : +86 (0) 21 6248 6110 - 15
Asia Fax : +86 21 6248 3351